19.12.2012. On 12 & 13 December 2012, at the NH Berlin Mitte Hotel in Berlin, the CIECA held its second workshop organized by the Expert Advisory Group (EAG) on Common Examination Standards for Cat. A.
The objective of the workshop was to gain an overview of the current situation on working practices performed during the practical test for cat. A. The workshop intended to address specific challenges created by the transposition of the Third Driving Licence Directive, provide valuable experience and enhance the expertise of all CIECA member organizations.
The workshop which featured presentations by eight CIECA members, provided a relaxed setting that enabled a very practical and fruitful discussion structured around the following questions:
- Where to carry out the maneuvering test?
- Safety equipment for the driver and the demands during the test
- Safety check
- Lead the motorcycle
- Slow speed maneuvering
- High speed maneuvering
- Using of measuring equipment
- Driving in traffic
- The place of the examiner during the practical test
- Demands for the motorcycle during the tests in different categories
- The connection between road safety and the new driving test
- How training leads to decreasing number of accidents
- The connection between the theoretical and the practical test of cat. A
- Three wheel cars
Member participants were divided into three groups, and each group dealt with five of the above questions. The discussions were found to be extremely useful and members expressed their interest in having access to the answers to the questions by all CIECA members. In response, some CIECA members volunteered to send the syllabus for cat. A tests in their countries.
Please click here to download workshop presentations and the syllabus for cat. A tests in some of the CIECA member countries