CIECA is organizing its 2nd workshop focused on Driver Licence Exchange in Berlin on 14 November 2019, thanks to the help of DVR, one of our Associated members in Germany. We would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their kind help.
One of the recommendations that followed the first event held in Lisbon on 16 November 2018, was to continue discussing this topic among CIECA members. Therefore, this event will continue exploring the issue of the process of recognition and exchange of driver licences issued by non-EU countries within the EU, and the validation of driver competences. In this context, CIECA intends to continue working towards the initial goals set up in the first workshop, focussing the discussions on the following points:
- Sharing with CIECA members information about each country DLE regime and decide on the format and distribution of such information (discussion on the CIECA questionnaire distributed among CIECA members to collect the information on this issue).
- Thinking about the challenges of recognizing competences for driving of drivers that obtained their driving licences in third countries. We will address issues like the importance of cultural background, driving experience, age, integration in the rules and legislation of the country where drivers intend to exchange their driving licences, etc.
- Minimum competences for driving in a safe way to be ensured in a DLE process.
- Discussion of the practicalities of the implementation of certain conditions to grant the exchange of a licence, e.g.:
- Should the driver have a minimum knowledge of the language of the country where he intends to acquire the licence? On what grounds this condition should be set up?
- If it is necessary to pass a practical test, what should be tested? Should this test be the same as the one taken by novice drivers?If the practical test should be different, how should it be?
- In summary, we hope to find recommendations for an exchange process that ensure safe drivers in their new living area and contribute to the harmonization of the recognition of driving licences in Europe.
Agenda (will be available soon)
Fee: This members'-only event is free-of-charge
Location: NH Collection Berlin Friedrichstrasse, Friedrichstr. 96, 10117, Berlin, Germany. Please click on this link to see how to get there.
Accommodation: Rooms have been pre-reserved at the venue of the meeting for one night 13-14 November 2019. To book a room, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and state the code DVR/FDT 2019. The price for the room is 145,00 € incl. breakfast. Please note that the booking period is very short: until 16 October 2019!
Working language: English
Registration: Please click on the button below to proceed with the registration. The registration deadline is 8 November 2019.