The 2019 TAG workshop will take place on 10 April 2019 in the Orfeó Martinenc, Avda. Meridiana, 97 08026, Barcelona (Spain). The workshop, ‘What happens when a candidate fails their theory test?’, will focus on feedback after the theory test.
Several CIECA member countries have observed declining pass rates on the theoretical test over recent years and there are difficulties in identifying and explaining the reasons for this. By reviewing the experience of unsuccessful candidates, we hope to address the question and provide some practical solutions. This year's TAG Workshop will therefore focus on:
- The candidates’ experience of the test; particularly guidance prior to and as they sit the test, and follow-up when they are not successful.
- How, where and when the test result is communicated to a candidate? Why is this important?
- What support and guidance is available to candidates as part of the test results process?
- The systems which help candidates, trainers and test designers to focus on areas of weakness and suitable review of learning.
- What we can learn as test designers to better prepare candidates; how, through good feedback during and after the test, can we help the applicant understand the reason for the failed test and what are the best ‘next steps’ he or she needs to take to get there driving license?
The workshop will seek to compare how we conduct theory tests in different countries. How the test meets with the requirements of legislation, and correlates to curricula, training & education and learning materials. The workshop will investigate:
- How is the candidate’s experience of the test linked to the education they have conducted?
- Whether, with better feedback during and after the test, we can provide candidates with better prerequisites to understand why they fail and thus help them to understand what they need to do to reach our goals for road safety drivers?
- How we can use customer insight and performance data to help us to design better tests?
- What systems and information can we use to help candidates recognize their weakness and strengthen their knowledge, skills and understanding?
Agenda (will be available soon)
Fee: This members'-only event is free-of-charge.
Location: Orfeó Martinec, Avda. Meridiana, 97 08026, Barcelona (Spain).
Information for participants (available very shortly).
Accommodation: Ayre Hotel Rosellón, C/ Rosellón 390, 08025. Barcelona (Spain). Tel: +34 93 6009200
Rooms have been booked for the night of 9 April 2019 in this hotel. Reservation can only be made by filling this form and sending it to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of CRISTINA PAEZ and stating on the Subject the code “CIECA19 | 2019 International Commission for Driver Testing”. All bookings will be guaranteed by credit card, and payment should be made directly at the hotel. Please note that the deadline to book your room is 8 March 2019. After this date, all bookings requests will be subject to availability, and the price will not be guaranteed. The price for a single room is 130€, while the rate for a room with double occupancy is 135€. The price is per room per night, including breakfast (please note that VAT is not included in the price). For information on cancellation policy, please refer to the form.
Registration: Please press the registration button below and fill in the online registration form. The registration deadline for this event is 1 April 2019.
Working language: English.