The Driving Theory Test: Consideration of Special Needs Requirements
The 2017 TAG workshop will take place on 25 & 26 April 2017 in the Riga Motor Museum in Latvia, and will focus on the topic of candidates with special needs taking the driving theory test in CIECA member countries and organisations.
Following work by several members of CIECA TAG, this workshop aims to improve understanding of the experience of theory test candidates with special needs, and how they can be supported so that everyone has a fair and equal chance of passing.
Before the Test.
- What are the special needs which some candidates have? - Particular educational requirements resulting from learning difficulties, physical disability, or emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- How do TAG members identify special needs? How do candidates tell TAG members about their special needs? How is the support for a candidate agreed?
- What can be done to support those with special needs in learning and preparing for the theory test?
- What are the reasonable adjustments that can be made for candidates when taking the test in each CIECA member’s jurisdiction?
During the Test.
- What reasonable adjustments are offered?
- Discussion of adjustments designed to ensure that candidates with special requirements are not disadvantaged; time adjustment, tools to support the candidate, assistance provided, and the people who can provide assistance.
After the Test.
- What follow-up procedures are in place to support candidates with special needs?
- What feedback do they receive and how is this presented and communicated?
What are the opportunities, benefits, costs and limitations facing candidates and CIECA members’ in respect of special needs? How do these relate to the practical driving test?
This workshop responds to the interest of TAG member organisations, faced with similar responsibilities and operational challenges on a regular basis, to reflect on this issue and to share experiences with the rest of CIECA members.
Once again, the TAG intends to make all CIECA members participate very actively in the workshop, so come ready to interact with other CIECA members on this issue.
- Agenda: (will be published soon). Important: The workshop will start on 25 April 2017 (around 1 pm) and will finish on 26 April (around 1 pm). Please note that final times will be confirmed shortly.
- Fee: This members only event is free-of-charge
- Location: The workshop will take place at the Riga Motor Museum. Here you will find more information of the meeting venue.
- Accommodation: Please note that the deadline for hotel bookings is 15 March 2017. Reservations: Please, download the reservation form, and once filled, send it to the following e-mail address: H9436-Re@accor.com. Rates: 65€ single room, 70€ double room (breakfast included). Cancellations are accepted until 6 pm prior to the day of arrival. Please read carefully the cancellation conditions stated in the reservation form. For more information about the hotel, please visit their website: http://www.mercureriga.lv/en/.
For more information, please download the information for participants.
- Deadline for registrations: 10 April 2017
- Working language: English
- Dinner on 25 April: We are organizing a dinner for all participants on 25 April 2017 at 8 pm in the hotel. More information about the dinner will be sent at a later stage. if you are interested, indicate this in the registration form. Please note that each participant should pay for his/her own dinner.