On 29 and 30 May 2001, CIECA organised a workshop for all its members to discuss a working document outlining CIECA’s short and middle-term strategy. The initial document was developed by the strategy working group and set out a short and middle term strategy for the organisation. Following the workshop, an adapted document was developed which was approved during the General Assembly in 2001 in Croatia. This strategy document remains a basic foundation of CIECA’s ambitions.
Summary CIECA strategy document
The main points in the CIECA short and medium term strategy are:
- CIECA, international partner for worldwide enhancement of road safety standards in relation to the driver,
- CIECA, association for the international harmonisation and improvement of the driver education and the driving licence tests in relation to an international recognition of driving licences,
- CIECA - renown as a competent discussion partner and consultant in all questions concerning the driving and driver of motor vehicles,
- CIECA - international documentation and information centre for knowledge and experience in the field,
- CIECA - association for the advancement and assurance of the quality of the driving license tests by certification/ accreditation of the testing institutions,
- CIECA - economically independent and politically neutral association.