HAZARD PERCEPTION AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SIMULATION TECHNIQUES IN THE THEORY AND PRACTICAL TEST
CIECA CONGRESS, 6 June 2014 in Dublin, Ireland
- What is the significance of HP in driver testing and training for safety?
Prof. F. P. McKenna, University of Reading, UK
Session 1: Testing Hazard Perception
- The seven sins of HP
Prof. David Crundall, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- How to test HP and not the tricks to pass the test
Willem Vlakveld, SWOV
- HP and the development of simulation techniques in the theory and practical tests
Peter Weddell-Hall, DVSA
- Development of a traffic perception test as possible further driving license test component in Germany
Bernd Weisse, TUV DEKRA arge tp 21, Germany
Session 2: Training Hazard Perception
- Risk perception assessment in young novice drivers
Claudia Alves, and Ana Milhano, Instituto da Mobilidade e dos Transportes, Portugal
- Learning to drive: from Hazard Perception to Hazard Handling
Dr. Ruth Madigan, University College Cork, Ireland
- Does assessment of Hazard Perception add predictive value?
Dr. Charles Johnson, CAS, UK
- Hazard Perception – Does it have to be complicated?
Dr. Shaun Helman, TRL, UK