Disabled Driver assessment, current situation and future developments
The Driving Licence Directive 2006/126 is the framework and the basis of the conditions for fitness to drive and all driving tests in the EU. Some Member States designed and implemented regulations, processes and procedures to determinate the fitness to drive for candidates with specific disabilities.
The challenge is to find out the differences and similarities in all Member States concerning these issues. Therefore CIECA wants to organize a workshop concerning the testing of physically and/or mentally disabled people.
Ultimate goal of the workshop is to create, maintain and disseminate international standards concerning the disabled driver assessment to offer mentally and physically disabled people a safe and assured mobility. The results of the workshop can be used as a starting point for further developments and co-operation with existing organizations concerning the topic.
- Fee: This members' only event is free-of-charge.
- Location: Headquarters of the CBR, Naritaweg 150, 1043 CA Amsterdam (the Netherlands). Download practical information. Download the form for airport to hotel pick-up service.
- Accommodation: Hotel Artemis Amsterdam, John M. Keynesplein 2, 1066 EP, Amsterdam. The original deadline was 3 November. Nevertheless there are enough rooms available in the hotel, so the hotel accepts bookings made after this deadline. Please download the hotel reservation form.
- Deadline: The registration deadline for the event is 18 November 2014.
- Working language: English.