Following the two workshops organized by CIECA on this issue, and the publication of the report after both events, CIECA wants to continue this needed discussion on Driving Licence Exchange issues. Both workshops finished with lots of unanswered questions, and all participants agreed that further work was necessary, and that there was also a need to widen the scope of the discussions as it became clear that experts from both the Licencing (administrative process) and Driver Testing departments should be involved in the discussions.
The discussion started within CIECA aims to assist CIECA Members to understand how other licencing authorities are responding to ongoing policy and operational challenges. The aim of this round table is to take the discussion where it was left, and explore a bit further some of the issues perceived as important:
- The impact of different DLE regimes
- The challenges of migration
- What should be included as guideline or terms of reference in a DLE request not only in the administrative area but also in compliancy with driving knowledge and skills?
Susana Paulino will be the moderator of this event. She works in the Institute for Mobility and Transports in Portugal as Head of the Department of Driving Licences, Driving Exams and professional certification. With a Law degree and a Master in Management and Public Policies, she has worked for more than 20 years in the area of road safety, especially in driving training and exams. Susana is a member of the CIECA Permanent Bureau as Vice President since 2017.
She will be accompanied by representatives of other CIECA Effective members and stakeholders which play an important role in the discussions on the topic. We will provide more information about these participants very shortly.
FURTHER DETAILS OF INTEREST FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Time: 5 May 2021, 12 pm - 13:30 pm CEST
- Fee: This members-only event is free-of-charge
- Location: online
- Working language: English
- Registration: The deadline for registrations is 3 May 2021