It is with great pleasure that we invite all CIECA Members to participate in the online presentation of the FTD Topical Group’s Sub Group 1 Report: Setting Standards for Disabled Driver Assessment on Wed 3 March 2021 between 11.00 am – 12.30 pm CET. The summarising report can be downloaded here.
The webinar will present the results of sub group 1’s work, which focussed on the objectives set by CIECA, in partnership with Driving Mobility. These were the development of best practice guidelines for the process of Disabled Driver Assessment; and the creation of a structure to share information and best practice developments among all practitioners involved in carrying out Driver Assessment.
A major element of the work centred on defining Driver Assessment, acknowledging the differences between the standard Driving Test and a clinical Driver Assessment. Sub Group 1’s report discusses the work and achievements of the group, from its inception in 2017 through to the construction in 2020 of a set of 6 Guidelines containing the elements members of the group consider form the ‘ideal’ Driver Assessment, these are:
- Knowledge and skills of professionals undertaking Driver Assessment
- Competencies of assessors undertaking Driver Assessment
- The physical and cognitive assessment (prior to in car, on-road assessment)
- Elements to include within the in car, on-road Diver Assessment
- How to reach a recommendation
- Legal aspects following Driver Assessment outcome
The report addresses the link between the EU Directive on Driver Licensing, the knowledge, skills and experience required of the professional undertaking Driver Assessment, and recommendations for future work and development. Driver Assessment is a complex clinical process, with countries and organisations at very different stages of development and we look forward to your involvement at the webinar. The webinar will include a Question and Answer session with a panel of experts from the FTD Topical Group.
FURTHER DETAILS OF INTEREST FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Time: 3 March 2021, 11 am - 12:30 pm CET
- Fee: This members-only event is free-of-charge
- Location: online
- Working language: English
- Registration: The deadline for registrations is 1 March 2021