CIECA is very happy to invite all CIECA Members to attend out 1st CIECA Education Workshop that will take place on 8 November 2017. This workshop has been organized with the help of MOVING, one of our Affiliated Members. The workshop will focus on the Use of simulators and virtual reality (VR) in professional driver training and testing, and it will take place in the office of our member in Munich. Further particular about the logistics to participate in this event can be found below.
The use of driving simulators and VR for developing driving skills is on the rise, and in many European countries, simulators are used in a number of driving schools. These tools help learner drivers to learn fundamental driving skills before they start driving on real traffic. The aim of this workshop is to present the latest developments in the use of simulators and VR, and explore their potential role in the improvement of road safety in our roads. The workshop will also deal with the didactical qualities of such equipment and how their new technical capabilities can be adapted for training purposes, and how they can affect the acquisition of driving skills, and the safe performance of drivers. A practical session on car and truck simulators will also take place during the event.
The discussions will intend to search for answers to the following questions:
- What are the latest developments in the use of simulators and/or VR for driver training?
- What are the current advantages of driver training using simulators and/or VR?
- What kind of skills can best be trained with the aid of the latest simulators and/or VR?
- Can simulators or VR be used for the training of higher skills like risk perception and/or situational awareness? What are the implications of their use for road safety?
We hope that the topic will be interesting for all of you, and expect you all in Munich. In order to proceed to register for the event, please read the information below.
- Draft agenda: Please note that the agenda will be updated and finalised very soon.
- Fee: This members'-only event is free-of-charge.
- Location: Springer Fachmedien München, Aschauer Str. 30, 81549, Munich. Please download the practical information for participants for more information.
- Accommodation: Please note that on this occasion the booking of the hotel will be handled differently. You should download the form provided and send it to EVA (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8 October 2017 at the latest. You will find more information about the hotel in the document containing practical information for participants.
- Cancellation of your hotel booking: Once you have send your booking form, if you need to cancel it, please contact Eva at your earliest convenience.
- Registration: Please click on the registration button below and fill in the online registration form. The registration deadline for this event is 31 October 2017.
- Working language: English.